We at For The Love of Pets are pet owners ourselves, who have seen a problem and are working hard to make a difference. We are here to help provide assistance for those who are hard on their times, to help care for their pets, because they're family too. In this way, we work to keep pets in their homes, so that they are not put into shelters that are already overcrowded. This way, we help keep families together and happier, and shelters less crowded.
Having our program in place, we are working passionately to help resolve a lot of the economic problems our communities face.
• Seniors will never have to give up eating to take care of what, sadly enough, are sometimes their only companions. Make no mistake, this does happen. I have been behind seniors in the grocery store when they have had carts filled mostly with pet food…and only peanut butter for themselves.
• Family pets will no longer have to face death by euthanasia as an alternative to veterinary care that many cannot afford or medications that their family pet may need.
• Creating a safety net for all families so they can feel secure in committing to and loving their pets, knowing their family now has a way to keep them in the event of unemployment or other economic disasters.
• Alleviating the horrendous overcrowding of our State, City and County shelters.
• People who suffer from Foreclosure should NOT have to lose their family pet because they can not locate a Pet Friendly new home, temporary boarding or afford a pet security deposit for their new place. FLP is putting plans into place to assist with that as well.
• In the near future FLP plans to have in place a program to further assist people as well as shelters, by helping with the costs of adoption. This will allow so many more to open their homes to pets that otherwise will live out their lives in cages.